The Assistant Designer supports the Designer and Design Director throughout the Design and Product Development process, helping with the creation of line sheets and sketches and mock ups, as well as art files. This role also helps organize and track raw materials used by the Design team and catalogs/archives materials for future use.
Specific Duties / Responsibilities:
- Assists the Designer in maintaining up-to-date line sheets
- Assists the Designer in creating flat sketches and CADs/mock-ups for new development
- Works on print and pattern placement layouts with the Art Director; assists in delivering art files to Product Development (PD) team
- Assists Design & PD in the organization and hand-off of material names (ie. Pantones, zipper colors)
- Assists the Designer in entering requests from Art Director into Asana and for design-related administrative tasks
- Helps create seasonal product knowledge guides (PK’s) used by Retail & Wholesale teams
- Supports Designer & PD team in creating a CV digital archive as well as organizing & maintaining the sample room
- Proficient in the Adobe Suite (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign)
- Comfortable using Excel
- Willingness to learn new programs (WFX, Asana)
- Team player
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
All qualified applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Clare V. is a line of accessible-luxury pieces born and based in sunny Los Angeles, California. Led by founder Clare Vivier, Clare V. is a distinctive reflection of Clare’s unique background, passions, and vision. More than 10 years ago, Clare started making the types of bags she wanted, but couldn’t find anywhere. As the brand grew, she proudly kept production local to Los Angeles, meanwhile forging partnerships with local and global organizations working to make a positive difference in the world. Today, Clare V. remains committed to conscious practices while creating collections that are bold yet enduring, elevated yet accessible, and irresistibly charming yet rooted in everyday practicality. The brand headquarters is located in the Silverlake area of Los Angeles and is actively led by Clare Vivier.
Clare V. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture at Clare V. and within our Community.