Role: Assistant Merchandiser
Reports to: Head of Merchandising
Location: CV HQ, Los Angeles, CA (Silver Lake)
About Clare V.
Founded in 2008 by Clare Vivier, Clare V. is dedicated to making beautiful, chic, functional, and fun products. We make bags, accessories, clothing, and jewelry and are committed to creating a kind, collaborative workplace and building a business committed to positive change. We love to work with smart, talented people from diverse backgrounds. We are based in Frogtown, on the eastside of Los Angeles.
The Assistant Merchandiser supports the product direction and performance of the Clare V. merchandise assortment. Assists in the coordination, execution and management of the activities in the Merchandising and Wholesale Departments. We are seeking someone that is highly organized, detail oriented, and proactive.
- Handle all tasks that the Head of Merchandising / Merchandiser delegates, and assist in day to day needs of the business
- Manage and maintain the Merchandising activities in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and order management platforms
- Work closely with planning team and Merchandiser to keep third party and mainline orders organized and accurate at all times
- Build ad-hoc reports and projects as assigned and assist in the analysis of the business by reviewing and analyzing weekly and monthly sales
- Work closely with Merchandiser on third party assortment, new SKU creation, PO creation and vendor communication and reconciliation of third party receipt log
- Responsible for maintaining and distributing all change emails to cross functional teams on a weekly basis
- Collaborate with the IT department to solve data platform issues that arise and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to find solutions and improve processes
- Prepare for all milestone meetings and wholesale line reviews by organizing samples and protos, preparing and printing assets for attendees
- Organize and traffic samples with wholesale partners and internal partners for photoshoots, and maintain sample log
- Maintain the order of the current sample line with product development, understanding key silhouettes of importance for the collection, and help to prioritize for photoshoots, photo studio and wholesale markets
- Compile wholesale data for reporting needs, assist with daily / monthly invoicing as needed
- Act as a point person for merchandising with accounting for reconciliation and account communication
- Support as the backup for department when team members are traveling/out of office, being fully aligned with tasks at hand and being accessible to get answers and keep things moving
- Follow-up on all wholesale rep requests and immediate ATS orders on a daily basis where needed, communicate with planning and warehouse on all product transfers from retail to wholesale
- Maintain key wholesale appointment dates and times in shared calendar, including market week, trade shows, etc; making sure reps have necessary tools such as line sheets, lookbooks, samples, pricing and order deadlines
- Step in whenever and wherever needed to get things done, being flexible around last minute changes and have a keen understanding of shifting priorities
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant experience, (buying, merchandising or wholesale experience for a fashion brand a must)
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and a resourceful approach to problem solving
- Detail-oriented, organized, and deadline-driven by effectively multi-tasking
- Strong time-management skills, business acumen with ability to think strategically
- Strong knowledge of trends and competitive market are essential for success in this position
- Strong listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work well within a cross-functional team environment and partners successfully
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- Systems savvy, and eager to come up the learning curve quickly on new systems and tools (AIMS, Inventory Planner, etc. )
- Resourceful and proactive in nature
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
All qualified applicants should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on LinkedIn.
Clare V. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture at Clare V. and within our Community.