Clare V. is looking for a Domestic Product Developer to join our growing team. In this role, you will facilitate the development process encompassing domestic sample execution, achieving design aesthetic, quality, and timeline goals.
Specific Duties / Responsibilities:
- Working closely with design and tech-design to ensure all tech packs are handed over on time with proper construction, accurate BOM and feasibility for production with cost effectiveness in mind.
- Work with the PD System/Costing Manager to build tech packs for seasonal sampling.
- Responsible for initial sample allocation to domestic factory base.
- Issue all sample requests as well as materials from sample warehouse to pass to the factory.
- In person meetings with the domestic factories are a necessity when passing sample requests.
- Daily follow up with factories on ETAs and track local development samples in a seasonal development tracker.
- Request all costing from the factory regarding new and existing styles and handoff to Costing Manager for costing deadlines.
- Finalize all thread colors in sampling with stitch ups to pass to production at hand off.
- Work closely with the factories to calculate average yields for each new style/material. This includes requesting patterning reports and adding the yield to the BOM. Suggest alternative cutting or placement techniques to improve material yields and consumption.
- Work with PD System/Costing Manager to audits all BOMs and cost sheets to ensure accuracy before BOM handoff meeting.
- Organize all sample request invoices for Senior Manager to validate and approve.
- Assist in reviewing development samples, notating any necessary changes in costing and specifications.
- Daily follow up and communication with factories on ETAs to track development samples and maintaining a seasonal, collab and counter development tracker.
- Organizing internal wear testing for new development and analyzing feedback improve product.
- Leading seasonal handover presentation to production team for all domestic handbags; ensuring all details are ready at time of handoff including finalized tech packs, thread colors, strike off approvals etc…
- Managing personal and vendor workflow to hit calendar deadlines throughout the season.
- 5-6 years’ experience working in Product Development role for an apparel and/or handbag/accessories company with primarily a domestic factory base.
- Experience working with leather
- Leather handbag development experience preferred.
- Organized, great communicator and detail oriented.
- PLM experience required. WFX experience a plus.
- Strong proficiency in Excel required.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities and has the ability to work with a strong sense of accuracy and urgency.
- Proficiency in reading and understanding tech packs and bill of material.
- Basic understanding patternmaking and construction of handbags preferred.
How to Apply:
All qualified applicants should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.
Clare V. is a line of accessible-luxury pieces born and based in sunny Los Angeles, California. Led by founder Clare Vivier, Clare V. is a distinctive reflection of Clare’s unique background, passions, and vision. More than 10 years ago, Clare started making the types of bags she wanted, but couldn’t find anywhere. As the brand grew, she proudly kept production local to Los Angeles, meanwhile forging partnerships with local and global organizations working to make a positive difference in the world. Today, Clare V. remains committed to conscious practices while creating collections that are bold yet enduring, elevated yet accessible, and irresistibly charming yet rooted in everyday practicality. The brand headquarters is located in the Silverlake area of Los Angeles and is actively led by Clare Vivier.
Clare V. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture at Clare V. and within our Community.