We are seeking a thoughtful and creative individual to join our Creative and Marketing team. The Web Designer role reports to the Art Director and is responsible for conceptualizing and executing projects such as site content, digital marketing and social content, feature enhancements and new/improved customer experiences online. The role requires an ability to work in a fast-paced environment on short deadlines and interact with multiple departments including web, merchant, marketing and senior leadership teams. You live and breathe design and are as excited about type, color and layout as you are about responsive design and UX trends and best practices. It is the designer’s responsibility to uphold the visual integrity of the brand and execute all aspects of visual design – from content ideation to final deliverables.
The ideal candidate will have a design related bachelor’s degree, an excellent eye for detail, be highly creative and open to feedback. You have an understanding of HTML/CSS and enjoy discovering new tools in your field. The position requires the ability to multi-task, juggle various projects at once and have excellent time management skills.
- Maintain visual integrity and consistency for the Clare V. brand across all channels.
- Design comps for new site functionality and site usability improvements – devising creative solutions that work within the brand aesthetic and user experience best practices.
- Communicate with Development partners throughout design implementations.
- Ability to build hi fidelity wire frames for new site functionality as needed.
- Reviews creative with Marketing team and Sr. Leadership for approval and delivers by due date.
- Conceptualize and execute weekly creative assets such as: home page, landing pages and special content pages as well as emails, digital marketing assets, social ads and event invitations.
- Website feature enhancements and new/improved customer experiences online.
- Manage time wisely to ensure all projects are completed by deadline with ample time for revisions if necessary.
- Accept constructive feedback openly with a positive attitude.
- Assist with special projects which may include new landing pages, sweepstakes, loyalty program needs, etc.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams on fresh ways to bring editorial concepts to life online in a manner that is on-brand yet innovative.
- Minimum of 3 years Web Design experience
- BA/BS degree – Graphic Design or related field preferred
- Solid knowledge of industry design tools (i.e. Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Photo editing experience required with demonstrated coding abilities a strong plus
- Previous experience at an agency or fashion brand preferred
- UX Design best practice knowledge
- Experience with building email templates required with knowledge of Klaviyo a strong plus
- Strong understanding of typography, layout, color theory and general design knowledge
- Experience designing for print collateral (store signage, posters, postcards, packaging)
- Motion graphics experience a plus
- Self-starter, high level of initiative, good time management
- Creative and innovative thinker with a strong portfolio
- Love of fashion and understanding of the Clare V. brand
- Must be LA based and able to work in our East Side Los Angeles headquarters
- Resourceful, can-do attitude that thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment
How to Apply:
All qualified applicants should submit their resume and portfolio examples to email@example.com
with the job title in the subject line.