Clare V. is a global accessible luxury handbag, accessories and apparel company with 8 company-owned stores, 150+ wholesale partners and a thriving ecommerce business. For more than 10 years, Clare V. has built a brand based on high quality, colorful, beautiful products that are luxurious and accessibly priced. We are looking for a Director of Product Development (PD) and Production to join our rapidly growing team in Los Angeles, California.
- Responsible for developing and delivering our products on time, at our gross margin targets, and at the highest quality level
- Creates & manages our master seasonal Design/Development/Production calendar to ensure on time delivery of goods
- Oversees PD and Production teams in driving continued improvements in overall gross margin
- Responsible for the integrity of our product BOMs, from development to the end of a SKU’s lifecycle
- Works with Design to ensure that the balance of imports and imported materials is in line with overall company strategy
- Partners with Sr. Managers of PD and Production to ensure full package development and production timelines are clear and part of the overall calendar
- Serves as the primary communication point to our Planning & Wholesale departments to ensure projections and orders are placed by calendar deadlines
- Oversees Production team in ensuring that all material orders are placed on time and that logistics/freight is optimized for ocean vs. air
- Oversees and manages the allocation of samples and production to ensure prioritization meets company needs as well as addresses potential factory capacity constraints.
- Partners with Sr. Managers of PD & Production to consistently provide a 4-6 month long term view of sampling and production allocations by factory partner
- Responsible for final cost negotiations with factories
- Oversees PD & Production teams in following our yield actualization process to ensure results are incorporated into future BOM’s
- Works with Senior Manager of Product Development on new factory sourcing & compliance and helps onboard new factories
- Primary liaison/partner with accounting to ensure accuracy of pre-paid inventory balances, timely reconciliation and payment of invoices and bi-annual physical inventory
- Responsible for the on–time delivery for product and prioritization of orders to meet sometimes competing company needs
- Oversees the materials and finished goods QC process and ensures damage rates are tracked and within acceptability guidelines; monitors defects once products are in the market and ensures issues are remedied at the development stage
- Minimum of 10 years’ combined experience in product development and production roles
- Domestic production experience required; both handbag and apparel production experience preferred
- Must be a strong leader and manager, as well as a great communicator and cross-functional partner
How to Apply:
All qualified applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.