Implements a competitive merchandise assortment plan that is multi-channel, brand enriching and is abreast to fashion/industry trends and competition. Prepares and presents seasonal buys that support financial plans and merchandising strategies for all programs including Third Party. Develops and implements Pre-Season and In-Season sales and inventory planning. Creates and implements Micro-Merchandising strategies to maximize profitability. This includes identifying the best assortment of merchandise for stores, based on past sales performances, emerging trends, and store needs.
- Develops, executes and communicates strategic merchandise strategies that support the merchandising and financial objectives of the Company which, for example, includes SKU Planning.
- Analyzes historical data and current trends of product to identify risks and opportunities by department and class.
- Runs weekly and ad-hoc reporting to analyze business to drive sales and identify opportunities.
- Provides input in line adoption/edit and costing meetings.
- Creates Collection Bottoms-Up Buys and reconciles to Tops-Down Goals. Develops APW, depth and SKU count targets.
- Leads and facilitates Buy finalization meeting with appropriate cross-functional partners.
- Creates and manages Core Program and responsible for Long Lead Time Projections.
- Oversees Re-orders by evaluating stock levels and sales forecasts.
- Anticipates potential problems and risks; generates ideas, insights and solutes to resolve or “head off” potential problems.
- Suggests what SKUs move to markdown in a timely manner and provides input on exit strategies.
- Mitigates risk by identifying trend changes and impacts to business and provides recommendations to ensure overall company financial objectives.
- Acts as the liaison between teams involved with production, inventory, marketing, and design.
- Performs other jobs duties as necessary and potential Ad-Hoc projects/analysis/reports/requests.
- Collaborates with Design and PD to develop and communicate strategies that align future financial and product opportunities in the area.
- Trains and develops team members.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and a resourceful approach to problem solving
- Detail-oriented, organized, and deadline-driven
- Effectively multi-tasks and has strong time-management skills
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well within a cross-functional team environment and partners successfully
- A positive attitude and exceptional follow through
- Minimum of 3 years in a buying role
- Strong retail math skills
- Advanced skills in Excel, Planning/Enterprise Planning systems a plus
Los Angeles, CA
Reports to the Director of Merchandise Planning
All qualified applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org