REPORTS TO: Senior Manager Production
About Clare V.
Founded in 2008 by Clare Vivier, Clare V. is dedicated to making beautiful, chic, functional, and fun products. We make bags, accessories, clothing, and jewelry and are committed to creating a kind, collaborative workplace and building a business committed to positive change. We love to work with smart, talented people from diverse backgrounds. We are based in Frogtown, on the eastside of Los Angeles.
About the Role:
The Materials Coordinator is responsible for processing all material receipts into the warehouse, and allocating materials for production orders.
- Physically receive all raw material in the warehouse. This includes leather, trim, fabric, and assorted packaging.
- Ensure delivery receipts match packing lists from suppliers.
- Pass all paperwork to the Materials Manager for receipt in AIMS.
- Apply detailed QC procedure to incoming leather, trim and fabric. This includes collecting the standard from Materials Manager and inspecting goods for color, thickness, temper and overall quality.
- Ensure proper communication to the Production team of any issues with goods within 24 hours of receipt.
- Physically store new materials in the appropriate location within the warehouse.
- Ensure trims are visibly labeled when being stored.
- Maintain a tidy warehouse floor.
Prepare Material for factories:
- Expected to pull material for up to 8+ purchase orders a day leading up to month deadlines. This includes counting and sorting leather and assorted trims. Ensure that the appropriate quantity is sent and noted on the picking list. Once the list is completed, scan and email the Materials Manager and Production team to update the system at the end of each day.
- Label and organize all material for each PO so the driver may deliver to the factory.
- Help identify problems with BOM items or yield. Report to Production and PD teams for correction.
- Report any material shortages to the Materials Manager.
Ensure factory partners have enough materials to complete orders:
- Assist coordinating daily material delivery schedule with production manager and driver.
- Ensure proper documentation of transported raw materials and finished goods. Everything that leaves CV Warehouse must have a packing list.
- Lead end of mid-month scrap material collection and processing. Under direction from the Materials Manager, visit local factories to collect excess and scrap material. Once in the warehouse, sort usable scrap and non-usable.
- Assist with annual physical inventory.
- Other duties may be assigned and are not limited to the above
- High school diploma or GED
- Working knowledge of: ERP Systems
- Experience with warehousing, shipping, receiving, and computerized inventory control
- Should be knowledgeable in all facets of warehousing, including receiving, housekeeping, computerized inventory control, tagging of capital items, location management, shipping, FedEx/Airborne and UPS service, problem resolution, purchasing interface and packaging
- Bi-lingual written and verbal communication in English/Spanish is a plus.
- Physical Demands: must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. Regular light to medium physical effort is required. Regularly required to sit/stand, climb ladder, and walk throughout the facility. Regularly required to push and pull pallets on a pallet jack.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) and Google Suite ● Ability to use Business Math Skills
- Ability to use office equipment applicable to position including computers and applicable software
- Ability to communicate and/or exchange written and verbal information
- Ability to react immediately to emergency situations to prevent injury to self and others
All qualified applicants should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on LinkedIn.
Clare V. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture at Clare V. and within our Community.