Creates a competitive merchandise assortment plan that is multi-channel, brand enriching and is abreast to fashion/industry trends and competition. Partners with Design to implement a seasonal line based on empirical data and sales analyses, as well as trend and brand awareness; helps Senior Leadership identify new product opportunities for category growth that align with Brand goals. Prepares and presents seasonal buys that support financial plans and merchandising strategies for all programs.
- Creates and manages line architecture at SKU level to achieve business strategies and the right balance of key items: fashion vs. basics, fit, value and price point, SKU count
- Edits line with Design to build a balanced assortment covering retail and wholesale market needs, Design’s vision and company strategies
- Creates and manages all Pre-Season and In-Season Fashion Buys to ensure it reflects business strategy within budget goals and hits production timelines
- Develops price tiers and pricing architecture to successfully marry margin targets and perceived price value
- Creates style rankings and identifies key “Hero” items and growth opportunities by category and style
- Oversees re-orders by evaluating sales forecasts, stock levels and budget
- Performs weekly, monthly and seasonal merchandising analytics and hind-sighting to drive business and identify risks and opportunities
- Leads and participates in key meetings such as Seasonal SKU Plan, FDR/Represent, Weekly Design, PD and Production meetings
- Creates effective processes and procedures to improve workflow, communication, results and accountability with cross-functional departments
- Shops the market to be aware of trends, competitive price positioning, and market share
- Acts as the team liaison between Design and Product Development
- Trains and develops Assistant Merchandiser
- Performs ad-hoc reports and projects as assigned
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant merchandising experience
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and a resourceful approach to problem solving
- Detail-oriented, organized, and deadline-driven by effectively multi-tasking and has strong time-management skills
- Strong business acumen with ability to think strategically
- Strong knowledge of trends and competitive market are essential for success in this position
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well within a cross-functional team environment and partners successfully
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Retail Math
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Reports directly to the Sr. Director of Merchandising & Planning
- Manages Assistant Merchandiser
Hybrid - Frogtown, Silverlake in Los Angeles, CA
All qualified applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.
Clare V. is a line of accessible-luxury pieces born and based in sunny Los Angeles, California. Led by founder Clare Vivier, Clare V. is a distinctive reflection of Clare’s unique background, passions, and vision. More than 14 years ago, Clare started making the types of bags she wanted, but couldn’t find anywhere. As the brand grew, she proudly kept production local to Los Angeles, meanwhile forging partnerships with local and global organizations working to make a positive difference in the world. Today, Clare V. remains committed to conscious practices while creating collections that are bold yet enduring, elevated yet accessible, and irresistibly charming yet rooted in everyday practicality. The brand headquarters is located in the Silverlake area of Los Angeles and is actively led by Clare Vivier.
Clare V. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture at Clare V. and within our Community.