The primary responsibility of the Product Development Assistant is to support both product development leads for domestic/import styles on all seasonal and exclusive products from development through to handoff with production.
The ideal candidate is highly detailed, possesses an optimistic attitude, flexibility in managing multiple competing priorities, and has the ability to work with a strong sense of accuracy and urgency.
Applicants should possess a minimum of 2-3 years industry experience in Product Development, ideally with domestic handbags and leather goods manufacturing. Familiarity with handbag and accessory design, construction, tech packs, BOMs, cost sheet creation, and Excel is required.
Specific Duties / Responsibilities:
- Assist in sampling process for both seasonal and exclusive product including writing sample requests and pulling sample materials
- Manage inventory and organization of all sample materials including leathers, linings, and hardware. Responsible for maintaining a tidy and organized raw material sample area.
- Data entry and maintaining accurate and updated information within PLM system
- Keeping track of current seasonal samples and assist to pull samples for l look-book shoot, catalogue, PR and other photoshoot needs.
- Tracking and checking in samples and raw materials.
- Organize wear test samples and results
- Organize all sample request invoices for PD manager to validate and approve.
- Manage sample archive. Includes entire process from labeling the sample, logging it into digital archive, ensuring it is photographed and storing by season.
- Assist with costing and counter development. Inclusive of WFX system updates to cost and BOM.
- Responsible for maintaining an up-to-date pattern library.
- Assist in reviewing development samples against the initial tech pack request. Some measuring of samples.
- Must be able to Communicate clearly and effectively with cross functional departments
- Update driver log for drop off/pick up at local factories
- 2-3 years’ experience in a Product Development role (Handbag/Apparel manufacturing domestic and overseas preferred)
- Experience working with domestic factories a plus
- Must have strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word. Ability to read and understand BOMs and tech packs a plus.
- PLM/ERP and Adobe Illustrator experience a plus
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities while having a strong sense of accuracy and urgency
- Must be able to work in fast paced environment, be proactive with a solution based attitude, and have excellent communication and follow through skills
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
How to Apply: All qualified applicants should submit their resume and portfolio examples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.