Clare V. is looking for a Product Development Coordinator to join our growing team in the handbag, accessory, and apparel categories. In this role, you will work closely with Design, Tech Design and Production partners to facilitate the development process from sampling through production. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a great team in a fast-paced environment.
Specific Duties / Responsibilities:
- Building all products within PLM system; maintaining organized structure for products, creating and auditing BOM’s, uploading tech packs, creating and adding product attributes
- Executing changes and updates to tech packs and BOMs after initial tech packs are submitted by tech design
- Editing historical tech packs to make any necessary changes for current development and production
- Responsible for the communication of development tech packs to factories via e-mail and in-person reviews of specs/construction with factories when necessary
- Responsible, with support of PD manager, for auditing all seasonal BOMs and managing final tech pack/BOM hand-off to Production team
- Owning the costing process which includes building, updating, and finalizing cost sheets for all product and communicating product cost scenarios to all necessary teams
- Uploading/Importing styles built in PLM into the ERP for a seamless, accurate and timely data transfer to the production team
- Communicating regularly with cross functional teams to share product and costing updates throughout the season
- Assist in reviewing development samples and notating any necessary changes on BOMs, tech packs, and cost sheets
- Responsible for reviewing PP and TOP samples and communicating rejections, revisions, and approvals to factory and/or Production team
- Working proactively to stay ahead of timelines and meet key milestones
- Work with Production to update material usage in BOM’s based on shortages/excess/factory feedback
- Assist Development and Production teams with additional responsibilities as needed (ie: material and sample organization)
- 3-4 years’ experience in a Product Development role (Handbag/Apparel manufacturing domestic and overseas preferred)
- Understanding of construction for leather, basket bags, small leather goods, accessories, and apparel
- Strong proficiency in Illustrator and Excel required
- PLM experience required. WFX experience a plus
- Must have strong computer skills; Strong proficiency in Illustrator and Excel required
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities while having a strong sense of accuracy and urgency in a fast-paced environment,
- Solution/result-oriented attitude, and have excellent communication and follow through skills
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
How to Apply: All qualified applicants should submit their resume and portfolio examples to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
Clare V. is a line of accessible-luxury pieces born and based in sunny Los Angeles, California. Led by founder Clare Vivier, Clare V. is a distinctive reflection of Clare’s unique background, passions, and vision. More than 10 years ago, Clare started making the types of bags she wanted, but couldn’t find anywhere. As the brand grew, she proudly kept production local to Los Angeles, meanwhile forging partnerships with local and global organizations working to make a positive difference in the world. Today, Clare V. remains committed to conscious practices while creating collections that are bold yet enduring, elevated yet accessible, and irresistibly charming yet rooted in everyday practicality. The brand headquarters is located in the Silverlake area of Los Angeles and is actively led by Clare Vivier.
Clare V. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture at Clare V. and within our Community.