The Production Manager is responsible for leading and managing the domestic manufacturing process to deliver on-time quality production that meets company standards and deadlines.
Specific Duties / Responsibilities:
- Proactively plan and manage the seasonal calendar to ensure proper production flow so vendors can meet on-time deliveries
- Work in conjunction with Design and Development to ensure product can be made within target price points, and that factories are allocated appropriately for assortment of product.
- Manage and maintain weekly WIP report and visit factories regularly to ensure product is on time.
- Oversee all production ordering and approval of material ordering.
- Manage/oversee all raw material inventory and allocation.
- Work with Planning on seasonal buys and material requirements.
- Manage factory allocation, production flow and factory capacities.
- Review and analyze cutting reports and production consumption yields. Update system accordingly and report to Operations regarding discrepancies.
- Identify areas of improvement and efficiencies.
- Correspond daily with factories and communicate issues timely.
- Review TOP’s and PP samples for production approval.
- Ensure all production requirements are met and orders reviewed weekly.
- Be able to trouble shoot production issues in a timely manner.
- Work with Operations on all chargebacks and vendor claims.
- Update Sales, planning, web and shipping department of weekly production delivery and timelines.
- Provide a positive, leadership role and mentor direct reports
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in production.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet all objectives and allow the various initiatives of the Production department to be accomplished in a timely manner.
- Must have managed a team
- Domestic Production preferred
- Leather experience preferred
- Must be strong in Excel (know formulas, pivot tables and v-look ups)
- Proven interpersonal skills, with the ability to work as a part of a cross-functional team, and is able to influence and interact at all levels of the organization with demonstrated success in both written and verbal communication.
- Full-time hours Mon-Fri