Role: Technical Designer - Handbags and SLGs
Reports to: Senior Manager Production
Location: CV HQ, Los Angeles, CA (Silver Lake)
About Clare V.
Founded in 2008 by Clare Vivier, Clare V. is dedicated to making beautiful, chic, functional, and fun products. We make bags, accessories, clothing, and jewelry and are committed to creating a kind, collaborative workplace and building a business committed to positive change. We love to work with smart, talented people from diverse backgrounds. We are based in Frogtown, on the eastside of Los Angeles.
Clare V. is seeking a Technical Designer (handbags and small leather goods) to join our growing team. In this role, you will partner with Product Development & Production teams to manage the technical development of all handbag, accessory, and small leather goods categories from market samples through TOP approval.
Seasonal Mainline Handbag & SLG’s
- Own import and domestic handbag & SLG tech packs categories, after the market sample stage.This includes updating or creating technical sketches, BOMS, and specification from Market Samples comments through TOP approval.
- Provide technical recommendations to both internal teams & external factory teams to help achieve design concepts and highest quality of product. While also keeping cost, production efficiency & risk mitigation as top priorities.
- Communicate directly with vendors about technical questions and tech packs updates. This may require phone calls, video calls, in person visits, comments directly on a factory pattern, sketches, photos, or a combination of all of the above.
- Work with Design, PD & Production partners to ensure calendar deadlines are met and to prioritize tech packs for styles that need revised development/photoshoot samples.
- Work closely with Production partners to ensure timely turnaround of comments and updated tech packs to vendors for time sensitive production approvals. This includes measuring and reviewing construction on incoming PP/TOP samples.
Core / Seasonal Core / Re-launch
- Review all Core & Relaunch tech packs that are on each seasonal line sheet, along with styles released on the monthly ‘Chase’ list, to validate that there are no updates needed to the tech packs, specifications, etc. and make changes if necessary.
- Review samples and tech packs for older styles that are being counter developed at new factories in Production. Update sketches, BOMs, specs as needed for counter sourcing. This includes meticulously reviewing both the previous factory samples & new factory samples for construction, specs, inter components, trims, stitch details, etch
- This individual should have the energy and interest to work in a fast-paced environment. A key part of this role is driving processes to on-time delivery and development according to critical dates, product specification, quality, and profitability goals.
- Involve PD and Production partners in the resolution of problems, as necessary; informing them of vendors’ capabilities to meet technical design standards.
- Work with the PD & Production team to identify opportunities for cost improvement and raw material optimization (seaming, material placement, etc.)
- Manage upload of tech packs into PLM system & onto the Production shared drive.
- Assist in updating BOMS in PLM & ERP as needed.
- Assist Design team with tech packs as needed.
- 5 years’ experience in a Technical Design role for an apparel or accessory company. Handbag experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of industry construction standards for leather, basket bags, and small leather goods required.
- Must have experience working with factories overseas. Experience working with domestic factories is a plus.
- Organized, great communicator and detail oriented.
- PLM experience preferred.
- Strong proficiency in Excel and Google Suite required.
- Proficiency in computer generated detailed tech sketches; proficiency in Adobe Illustrator required. Knowledge of other Adobe Design Suite programs is a plus.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities and has the ability to work with a strong sense of accuracy and urgency.
How to Apply:
All qualified applicants should apply on LinkedIn.com
Clare V. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture at Clare V. and within our Community.