Clare V. is looking for a Technical Designer – Handbags and Small Leather Goods to join our growing team. In this role, you will lead the technical development of handbags and small leather goods including technical sketches, tech packs, samples reviews and communication with suppliers.
Specific Duties / Responsibilities:
- Lead construction and spec development from initial concept through commercialization and production for all handbags and SLGs.
- Provide technical recommendations to the Design team to build consistency and help achieve design concepts and category initiatives.
- Work closely to understand the creative vision of the line for each season and translate design concepts to detailed tech packs that incorporate spec requirements and construction feasibility.
- Evaluate samples before a design review ensuring all set requirements have been met. Come prepared to design review with all related information from the previous review, i.e. proto comments, sample, etc.
- Create and revise Tech Pack's for designated styles; ensuring all appropriate development documentation is maintained including, product specs and prototype notes.
- This individual should have the energy and interest to work in a fast-paced environment
- A key part of this role is driving processes to on-time delivery and development according to critical dates, product specification, quality, and profitability goals.
- Set standards and consistency across products
- Provide technical design information to merchants and product managers to ensure all partners are up to date and product is meeting deadlines.
- Involve PD and Production partners in the resolution of problems, as necessary; informing them of vendor’s capabilities to meet technical design standards.
- Identify opportunities for cost improvement and raw material optimization (seaming, material placement, etc.)
- Manage upload of tech pack PDFs into WFX system.
- Assist in building BOMS in WFX as needed.
- Communicate with the import suppliers on all technical issues, providing technical expertise on how to correct or achieve a desired look.
- Leads by example and operates effectively in a high expectancy work environment.
- 3-4 years’ experience in a Technical Design role for a leather handbag and accessories company.
- Knowledge of industry construction standards for leather, basket bags, and small leather goods.
- Experience working with domestic factories a plus.
- Able to organize and prioritize the department workload.
- Organized, great communicator and detail oriented.
- PLM experience required. WFX experience a plus.
- Strong proficiency in Excel required.
- Strong proficiency in computer generated detailed tech sketches
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities and has the ability to work with a strong sense of accuracy and urgency.
How to Apply:
All qualified applicants should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.
Clare V. is a line of accessible-luxury pieces born and based in sunny Los Angeles, California. Led by founder Clare Vivier, Clare V. is a distinctive reflection of Clare’s unique background, passions, and vision. More than 10 years ago, Clare started making the types of bags she wanted, but couldn’t find anywhere. As the brand grew, she proudly kept production local to Los Angeles, meanwhile forging partnerships with local and global organizations working to make a positive difference in the world. Today, Clare V. remains committed to conscious practices while creating collections that are bold yet enduring, elevated yet accessible, and irresistibly charming yet rooted in everyday practicality. The brand headquarters is located in the Silverlake area of Los Angeles and is actively led by Clare Vivier.
Clare V. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture at Clare V. and within our Community.