Clare V. is looking for a Manager of Product Development to join our growing team. In this role, you will facilitate the development process encompassing domestic sample execution, sourcing innovative materials, achieving design aesthetic, quality, and timeline goals.
Specific Duties / Responsibilities:
- Design/Development Management - kick off season with material needs, identifying custom development, ensuring this process is on track within design and the development calendar
- Design Inspiration - leading creative new ideas and silhouettes (partner with PD Manager to source and present to design)
- Innovation and Specialty Techniques - work with domestic and overseas suppliers to present seasonal innovation concepts for consideration
- Research/Sourcing/Development: leather, fabric, linings, and all hardware needs (partner with design for new hardware needs)
- Partner with the Creative and PD teams in order to execute each SKU from development through to production according to calendar deadlines and present options appropriate for desired aesthetic & price point
- Manage and track the day-to-day development directly with suppliers for an on-time delivery of approval in order to create and pass off production standards
- Manage the ordering of development materials (build material in WFX system, write sample requests, follow up on ETAs, inspect/check in materials, and submit invoices for payment)
- Material Allocation Review - partner with Senior Manager of PD and Design teams to review proposed material selections and ensure they are allocated to appropriate bodies
- Work with Design and PD partners on comments and approval communications
- Compile a seasonal handover book for production with standards for the suppliers
- Record keeping/updating sample material WIP offline and integrated systems (WFX)
- Support material testing issue resolution
- Domestic Handbag Development
- Collect all details for new SKUs from the design team. Work with the pre-production coordinator to build tech packs for sampling.
- Responsible for initial SKU creation and the building of the BOM in WFX in order to place sample requests for new seasonal samples.
- Issue all materials from sample warehouse to pass to the factory for each sample request.
- Follow up with factories on ETAs and track local development samples in a seasonal development tracker.
- Finalize all thread colors in sampling with stitch ups to pass to production at hand off.
- Responsible for photographing/archiving and preparing all samples for the seasonal look-book photoshoot prior to the start of market.
- Work closely with the factories to calculate average yields for each new style/material. This includes requesting patterning reports and adding the yield to the BOM. Suggest alternative cutting or placement techniques to improve material yields and consumption.
- Work with Production Coordinator to audits all BOMs and cost sheets to ensure accuracy before BOM handoff meeting.
- Organize all sample request invoices for Senior Manager of PD to validate and approve.
- Assist in reviewing development samples, notating any necessary changes in costing and specifications.
- 5-6 years’ experience working in Development or R&D role for an apparel and/or accessories company.
- Experience working with leather and directly with tanneries required.
- Leather handbag development experience preferred.
- Organized, great communicator and detail oriented.
- PLM experience required. WFX experience a plus.
- Strong proficiency in Excel required.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities and has the ability to work with a strong sense of accuracy and urgency.
- Proficiency in reading and understanding tech packs and bill of material.
- Basic understanding patternmaking and construction of handbags preferred.
All qualified applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Clare V. is a line of accessible-luxury pieces born and based in sunny Los Angeles, California. Led by founder Clare Vivier, Clare V. is a distinctive reflection of Clare’s unique background, passions, and vision. More than 10 years ago, Clare started making the types of bags she wanted, but couldn’t find anywhere. As the brand grew, she proudly kept production local to Los Angeles, meanwhile forging partnerships with local and global organizations working to make a positive difference in the world. Today, Clare V. remains committed to conscious practices while creating collections that are bold yet enduring, elevated yet accessible, and irresistibly charming yet rooted in everyday practicality. The brand headquarters is located in the Silverlake area of Los Angeles and is actively led by Clare Vivier.
Clare V. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture at Clare V. and within our Community.