My friend Catherine McCord is an inspiration in the kitchen. She cooks with ease and comes up with the most inventive recipes (especially for kids and families) on her site, Weelicious. Now that it's officially Fall, I asked Catherine to share some of her favorite - and easy-to-prepare - recipes that feel just right this season. Peachy Keen Bruschetta I love peaches and every summer I try to come up with new ways to use them. This recipe is a favorite in my family. The kids enjoy drizzling their own honey on top and I love the combination of the sweet and soft peaches with the crunch from the toasted bread. Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 5 MinutesEasy Breezy Romesco Sauce This sauce is perfect as an appetizer with chopped veggies and pita chips. It is also heavenly served over a piece of grilled fish or chicken. I love the burst of flavors and the ease of throwing everything into the food processor and just whizzing it up to have a gourmet dip on the table in minutes. Prep Time: 5 MinutesFresh Mediterranean Nachos This is such a grown up twist on a childhood favorite. I love how fresh, healthy and fun this dish is. I serve it for weeknight family dinners as well as parties with friends. Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Ingredients1/2 baguette sliced into 1/2/ inch pieces oil or cooking spray 2 ripe peaches, roughly chopped 1/2 cup ricotta cheese honey, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Slice the baguette into 1/2 inch pieces. Lightly brush or spray the slices with oil.
- Place the bread slices on a cooking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes, until golden brown.
- Allow bread to cool completely, then spread each piece with 2 tablespoons of ricotta, top with 2 tablespoons of chopped peaches, and drizzle with honey.
Ingredients1/2 inch thick slice crusty bread (about 1/2 cup roughly chopped) 2 roasted red bell peppers, or 1 12-ounce jar 1 cup toasted slivered almonds 1/4 cup italian parsley leaves 2 garlic cloves 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 1 tablespoons red wine vinegar 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place the roughly chopped bread in the food processor and pulse for about 30 seconds to chop a little more finely.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor and pulse until smooth.
Ingredients3 handfulls baked pita chips 1 small red bell pepper, diced 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes 1/2 cup halved kalamata olives 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt 2 small persian cucumbers, seeded and diced 1 tablespoon lemon juice 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place the pita chips on a serving platter.
- Top with the red bell pepper, tomatoes, olives, and cheese.
- In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, cucumbers, lemon juice, and salt. Drizzle all over the nachos.