Clare V. is looking for an Apparel Product Developer to join our growing team. In this role, you will oversee the development process and sample execution for all domestic and import apparel categories including cut-and-sew knits, wovens and sweaters. You will be responsible for achieving design aesthetic, quality, cost, and timeline goals.
Specific Duties / Responsibilities:
- This role will own all aspects of product development from concept through production hand off. This will include but is not limited to calendar tracking, timeline creation, tech pack management, costing, fittings, strike off approvals, and PP sample approvals.
- Communicate and coordinate with design, factories, and internal stakeholders to drive products forward and meet seasonal deliverables
- Working closely with design and technical design to ensure all tech packs are handed over on time with proper construction, accurate BOM and feasibility for production with cost effectiveness in mind
- Manages in person meetings with domestic factory as needed, but especially when handing off new developments and troubleshooting development challenges
- Participates in weekly group call with import factory to review development status and discuss any open issues
- Works with the art team to ensure creative work is delivered on time and accurately
- Manages new material sourcing with local factory and import vendors. This includes knits, sweaters, wovens and novelty materials
- Manages sample apparel blanks inventory with domestic factory to ensure additional pieces are cut with production orders to minimize cost and maintain appropriate stock level for new development
- Communicates directly with factories on any questions regarding technical specs
- Understands product costing and what elements/constructions can affect costing
- Understands production limitations within all apparel categories
- Reviews and approves all product samples including protos, fit, market and PP samples and provides detailed feedback or comments to the factory and other stakeholders to ensure accuracy on all items is maintained such as quality, intended and approved design, packaging, etc...
- Manages and leads all fittings, including model and internal team scheduling
- Creates all sample requests within PLM system and sends to factories for all development stages
- Maintains seasonal sample trackers in Excel with daily updates for all active seasons
- Process all sample request invoices from factories in a timely manner. This process includes inputting detail in master invoice file and submitting to accounting.
- Leading seasonal handover to production team; ensuring all details are ready at time of handoff including finalized tech packs, approved strike offs and lab-dips, approved trim sheets, final costing, and any other pertinent details to ensure production is executed correctly
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
- 5-6 years’ experience working in a Product Development role for apparel with domestic and overseas vendors
- Experience working with adult cut-and-sew knits and wovens is required. Sweaters experience is a plus.
- International travel required 2-3 times a year.
- Organized, great communicator and very detail oriented
- PLM experience required; WFX experience a plus
- Strong proficiency in Excel required
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities and has the ability to work with a strong sense of accuracy and urgency
- Proficiency in reading and understanding tech packs and bill of materials
- Basic understanding of patternmaking and construction of apparel is required
- Knowledgeable of print and dye techniques preferred
How to Apply: All qualified applicants should submit their resume to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
Clare V. is a line of accessible-luxury pieces born and based in sunny Los Angeles, California. Led by founder Clare Vivier, Clare V. is a distinctive reflection of Clare’s unique background, passions, and vision. More than 10 years ago, Clare started making the types of bags she wanted, but couldn’t find anywhere. As the brand grew, she proudly kept production local to Los Angeles, meanwhile forging partnerships with local and global organizations working to make a positive difference in the world. Today, Clare V. remains committed to conscious practices while creating collections that are bold yet enduring, elevated yet accessible, and irresistibly charming yet rooted in everyday practicality. The brand headquarters is located in the Silverlake area of Los Angeles and is actively led by Clare Vivier.
Clare V. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture at Clare V. and within our Community.