I went to Paris a couple of weeks ago to present the Clare V. SS15 collection to European buyers and to meet some editors. Here are some images from my trip!
Clockwise, from top left: 1. Crystal Meers, my travel companion, at the airport with her vintage Steven Alan canvas tote, which I loved. 2. The stellar blue door of the apartment we rented. 3. I loved the hand lettering on the old “cordonnerie”. 4. Everyday we passed the Centre Pompidou. 5. An adorable little fruit stand. 6. St. Eustache.
1. Rue Montorgueil, a pedestrian street in the 2nd, where I always love to sit at a cafe at some point during a sejour
in Paris. This time it was with Crystal and Elle Strauss, the fashion director at Shopbop
. 2. Two Parisians walking down the street with Tropezienne
totes - old and new. 3. Crystal and I had lunch in the Pigalle neighborhood at Buvette - one of my favorite restaurants in NY’s new Parisian outpost. 4. The Opera is just always a breathtaking site. 5. Chez Marcel was one of the best new discoveries this trip in a very bucolic residential area of the Monmartre neighborhood. 6. This is where I worked when I lived in Paris. Tea Folies in the 9th. I was humiliated every single day for not speaking French. It was terrible and wonderful because it led to me speaking French fluently.
1. Crystal goofing off with our Oui clutch from SS15. 2. A poster from the book store Ofr that I wanted to buy but didn’t. 3. Crystal with our Matilde backpack for SS15. 4. Crystal and our new friend Cassi at Cassi’s place for dinner one night. 5. The blogger and casting agent extraordinaire, Natalie Joos
passed by us when we were sitting at an outdoor cafe drinking Coke Zero, eating Pringles and carrying a CV store tote! 6. We had breakfast (buckwheat pancakes and an awesome green juice) with Eva Chen
, editor of Lucky
magazine at Bob’s Kitchen on rue Gravilliers.
1. The view from a meeting with my PR. 2. A typical Parisian storefront that makes me crazy. 3. I just loved this typeface. 4. A little Mini with booboos. 5. The most beautiful RED door. 6. The window at Christophe Lemaire.
1. Obsessed with the hand lettering on signs around Paris - the blue Cordonnerie was so adorable! 2. Same - lettering passion. 3. Merci boutique with the Raquel Allegra exhibit! Yay, hometown girl. 4. Crystal walking the streets with her ever trusted black Gosee clutch
. 5. Another favorite discovery of this trip was the restaurant Verre Volé - I loved loved loved it.
1. and 2. are just examples of beautiful signs - 1 on Quai Voltaire and the other, Ecole des Garcons - boys school. I like to think Oscar would go to school there if we lived in Paris. 3. My sister in law’s gorgeous apartment 4. The “marble box” of Le Daupin restaurant - I loved it. 5. Crystal’s handwritten list (after wine at Verre Volé) of “what we did” the 4 days we were in Paris. 6. Another beautiful sign.